Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Redeeming the Time. . .




This past week, I was studying Ephesians- Chapter 5, and although there are many powerful verses in that chapter, one verse jumped off the page for me. . . "Be very careful, then how you live- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity. . ."(Eph 5:16) . .and it's as if the Lord made me very conscience of how I was spending every second. . so much that I was thinking as I watched the microwave tick off time, I thought "there goes 30 seconds of my life that I can never get back. . . I know, sounds a little obsessive, but I can't deny that it happened . .




Voice of the Martyrs and Open Doors have made it very easy to write letters of encouragement to persecuted and imprisoned Christians throughout the world via their websites. .


Open Doors asks you to write simple letters in English and mail them to the US headquarter where the letters are translated. . .You simply write them, put them in a bigger envelope and pay the cost of the postage to the Open Door headquarters in California. . .and if your children like to draw pictures and write simple letters also, Open Doors has a list of orphan children in Columbia who love to receive drawings and letters from other other children.




Voice of the Martyrs, on the other hand, has an incredible web program so that you can write letters and they are immediately translated into the appropriate language. These letters cost about $1.25 to mail overseas, about the same price as a medium coke at a convenience store. . And I have never taken letters into the post office without a conversation being started about who are receiving these letters around the world by interested postal workers. You can also send emails to the governments who are holding these Christians captive . . .all the instructions are there and it's easy to do. . .



Why do I mention this? Because this weekend, as we sit and watch College Football, the NFL and MLB. . .let's redeem the time and use our laptops to write letters to our persecuted brothers and sisters around the world. . It's as simple as that. Here are the websites:






Voice of the Martyrs: http://www.prisoneralert.com/



I've had people scoff at this and say "How do you know that those letters even get there. .well, I don't know. But I know that God has called me to DO SOMETHING, so why not pray AND write! As I sit and watch football this weekend, I'll be writing. . .hope you and your children will be too. . .



blessings,


bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment